On March 11-12, 2020 A. Samarkina, Director General of Bureau LEGINT, took part in the First All-Russian Congress of tourism, hospitality and sports public associations as a cofounder of the Tourism and Hospitality Union (the General meeting of founders was held on January 30, 2020, hereinafter – the Union).
The event focused on practical measures to integrate the resources of tourism and hospitality professional associations of the subjects of the Russian Federation into the implementation process of national projects related to the tourism industry and to develop mechanisms of the state support provision for relevant activities.
The event moderator was I.A. Shoigu, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the Domestic and Inbound Tourism Association, Deputy Director of the Finance and sustainable development Institute of the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA).
Bureau LEGINT, as a consultant on international cooperation, developed and proposed practical measures following implementation of the tourism development strategy in the Russian Federation on the period up to 2035 in international aspect, that can be undertaken from the Union’s perspective as well. These include:
– to establish and develop direct links with international and regional, industry and specialized tourism organizations;
– conducting a set of international events in order to maintain the sustainable development of tourism in Russia, systematize tourism activities, effectively manage separate sectors of the relevant industry, ensure their coordinated interaction, standardize tourist services;
– to establish the regional tourism development as a priority;
– to use the contacts established during the international Forum “Russia-Africa” to promote direct collaboration with regional and national tourism organizations of the African continent;
– to develop a separate action plan for organizing interaction between the Union and Federal State governmental authority of the Russian Federation concerning the image formation of our country as a hospitable state with a rich history and further scope for various types of tourism;
– to organize direct interaction with specialized international tourism organizations and companies for the business tourism development;
– to participate in the development of system tools for attracting foreign investment in large-scale tourism projects and other proposals.
The initiatives of Bureau LEGINT were included in the final resolution of the Congress, which was signed by the participants and sent to the Civic Chamber of the Russian Federation for further submission to the Government of the Russian Federation as a system of practical measures for the tourism development Strategy implementation in the Russian Federation for the period up to 2035.
Tourism and sport remain an effective tool for interethnic, interstate and intercultural dialogue in modern society. We demonstrate the friendly spirit of our country and help foreign tourists get to know closely the beauty and culture of the Russian Federation when opening them our doors. This is especially important in the context of growing Russophobia in Europe and the West.All News